- Any prospective member must be a working critic with one year of experience with an accredited outlet recognized by motion picture studios and/or local PR firms representing film studios. Applicant must live in San Diego County or write/broadcast for a San Diego County based outlet. Applicants must work in this venue for at least 3 months before applying for membership. Applicants will submit 24 reviews that cover the period of January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. They will also submit a letter of intent explaining why they want to be part of the organization and how they will add to the SDFCS Mission Statement. The application deadline is March 31st, 2017.
- In order for a member, current or prospective, to maintain his or her membership, he/she must file a minimum of 24 theatrical film reviews (DVD reviews or interviews will not be accepted) during the 2017 calendar year on TV, radio, in print, via podcast, or on the Internet.
- These reviews must be in-depth (at least 250 words/3-4 minutes per film for broadcast), a thoughtful critical perspective of original content; synopses or regurgitated press kit information do not qualify as original content.
- Current SDFCS members will decide collectively by vote to allow individuals to join. Only members who review the applicant’s clips will be eligible to vote on that member.
- Any member who loses their outlet will have a six-month grace period to reestablish their status. As long as they continue to attend screenings they may remain a member until their paid-dues year ends.
- Dues for 2017 are $50.00.
For additional information or to obtain an application, please contact Lance Carter at email@example.com.